Text    Google Map

    The region was inhabited already in the older Stone Age (paleolit), what was proved by archaeological findings from the younger Stone and Bronze Age.
    The first written reference about the village is from 1345, where it was mentioned under the name of Bussundorff. At that time there was a church in the village, which means that the village is even older. Local population consisted mostly of farmers and flax weavers.
    Walls surround the central Roman-Catholic church. In the 17-th century it was rebuilt in the Baroque style. Only statue of the Holy Mary from the 14-th century, gothic statues of Madonna, St. Stephen and St. Vavrince, a gothic baptistery from the 14-th century and late gothic altars remained from its originally baroque equipment (nowadays the all are a property of the Slovak National Gallery). Their design is similar to the statues from Master Paul from Levoča.



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy