Sliezsky dom (The Sliezsky House)
The Sliezsky House (1670 m above the sea) is a mountain hotel situated at the threshold of the
Velická Valley, on the bank of Velické Mountain-lake.
The first stone chalet was on the eastern end of the lake (1871). In March 1874 a show avalanche destroyed it. In 1878 another small wooden shed was built on the southeastern bank of the lake. Porters and mountain guides often used it even after the Ungarn-Carpathian Association built up the Sliezsky House in 1895.
The building was rebuilt and modernized several times (especially between the years 1957 - 1960), but it completely burned down in 1962. Since 1968 at the same place, there is a modern mountain hotel of the same name.